Request processed Successfully
An error occurred while processing your Request
Medical Support Staff
Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (PSV) is currently seeking a Medical Assistant (MA)for a 3-month temporary contract, with a possibility of extension. The MA will be responsible for providing patient care, clerical and environmental control services in the physician outpatient practice according to established policies and procedures. The MA will utilize information to continuously improve patient care and practice to enhance outcomes. The MA will communicate/collaborate with physicians and staff to provide coordinated, safe and compassionate care for patients. He/she will also participate in continuing education activities that enhance employee's professional abilities and ensure up-to-date patient care.
• Performs general patient care responsibilities including checking schedules and organizing patient flow; recording patient blood pressure, height, weight; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, collecting specimens, phlebotomy, assisting physicians/nurses; preparing patient for examination and treatment; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
• Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms and requisitions as needed.
• Organizes medical records, including lab results, progress notes, etc. to ensure provider has all of the necessary information available during the patient's encounter.
• Instructs patient in basic testing requirements.
Minimum Qualifications Required
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
• Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants; Certified or Registered Medical Assistant; or Emergency Medical Technician-B/I
• Current AHA BLS certification.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external departmental contacts.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Experience with medical terminology.
• All employees must pass an employment TB, drug and physical exam.
• At least two (2) years of experience in a medical group practice or similar industry.
• At least one (1) year of experience in a pediatric medical office setting.
• Proficient in English and Spanish, verbal and written communication skills.