The Clinic Manager is accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of the clinic through continuous improvement of processes, outcomes and personnel. Responsible for collaborating with the Practice Manager and others within the organization to identify gaps and create effective business objectives and goals for the achievement of the company’s mission and goals. Coordinates coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the practice and serves as the Expert for front office administrative processes and procedures. The Clinical Manager is responsible for overseeing regulatory compliance including, but not limited to, credentialing of professional/licensed staff, compliance with Medicare Regulations, and all Payor Regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for effective and efficient clinic operations and collaboration with Practice Manager to establish common standards of operations.
Assume responsibility for the ongoing/daily operations of the clinic.
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of the entire clinic.
• Schedule and coordinate onsite maintenance and cleaning when required.
• Build and manage vendor relationship in a professional manner.
• Demonstrates appropriate troubleshooting/problem resolution skills related to practice processes and workflow.
• Coordinates coverage and work flow to ensure smooth operations within the practice and serves as Expert for front office administrative processes and procedures.
• Partners with related departments such as Physician Billing, Patient Financial Services, and Medical Records to identify opportunities for financial improvement.
• Completes assignments and projects within deadlines and with minimal supervision.
• Ensures patient registration and EMR is complete and accurate.
• Ensure that all dictation is complete and all encounters (office, hospital, ASC, satellite office, and legal work (depositions, etc.) are charged and all payments, denials and adjustments are posted within pre-determined amount of time.
• Displays attention to detail, uses reasoning skills, and demonstrates an organized approach to produce quality work.
Assume responsibility for the ongoing/daily management of back and front office staff and effective clinical operations.
• Supervises staff in professional and competent manner. Motivates, mentors, counsels, and develops staff to promote efficiency, enhance morale, retain competent staff, and provide a positive working environment within the practice.
• Ensure staff maintains professionalism at all times including proper uniform/work attire, manner of performing professional duties, and all forms of communication with patients, families, and companies with which we do business.
• Make schedules (front and back office) 1 month in advance. Ensure adequate staffing by appropriately managing requests for PTO.
• Coordinates Provider office schedules.
• Assume first call for staff that are ill or unable to come to work; Assist with on call schedule.
• Hold staff accountable for unauthorized absences through appropriate counseling.
• Ensure all staff members follow established policies and procedures. Assist with the implementation and documentation of any new policies as needed. Discipline and/or provide feedback to those members who do not follow policy. Continue to observe staff members for adherence to policy.
Oversees the areas of recruitment, hiring, payroll and management of clinic employees in conjunction with the Practice Manger and Human Resources.
• Identify recruiting needs and assist/initiate interviews of new personnel.
• Ensure new staff members are provided an appropriate orientation with guidance and training in all areas of their responsibility.
• Assist the Practice Manager in completing annual performance evaluations.
• Consistently mentor team members to enhance their skills and effectiveness in the clinic. Provide coaching/counseling as necessary.
• Review payroll each pay period, monitor hours worked and verify accuracy of all time cards. Provide feedback as required to employees.
Order supplies and equipment for the clinic. May delegate responsibility as needed.
• Ensure clinic does not run out of supplies.
• Ensure no unnecessary expenditures occur.
• Monitor and track supply orders for accuracy.
• Monitor and track backordered items. Ensure accurate and sufficient par levels are created and maintained.
Attends and coordinates when appropriate meetings amongst clinical, clerical and provider personnel promote an environment that encourages effective communication.
• Communicate identified issues and concerns in a constructive manner and participate in solutions.
• Participate in management and/or operations meetings as needed.
• Organize and facilitate regular staff meetings.
Ensure that patient care and flow, including follow up items are completed according to company policy and any regulations established by local, state and federal government agencies.
• Monitors patient volumes, patient access and level of patient service to ensure patient satisfaction.
• Follow up with patient complaints and/or incidents and convey findings to the Practice Manager to determine if further action is required. Maintain a tracking system for the purpose of trending.
• Maintain and monitor patient flow throughout the clinic and notify the Practice Manager, Director of Operations, and/or Medical Director of any problems.
Assists Practice Manager to ensure regulatory compliance to include credentialing of professional/licensed staff, compliance with Medicare Regulations, and all Payor Regulations.
• Ensures 100% compliance with government and contract regulations
• Completes all necessary compliance training and screenings annually, to include training over System wide compliance policies and procedures (HIPAA, OSHA, TB, etc.).
• Ensures regulatory compliance with Federal and/or State authorities, as well as any external governing authority.
• Enforces safeguards against fraud and abuse
• Obtains and maintains records of credentials for professional, licensed staff.
It is the mission of PSV to provide high-quality pediatric specialty care to the children of Virginia through clinical excellence, innovation, education, research, and family-centered care.
• Take ownership and responsibility for continually assessing all processes and generating ideas and solutions for improvement.
• Demonstrate flexibility by willingly adjusting to changes in priorities and circumstances.
• Convey courtesy, dignity and respect for individual differences and perspectives as demonstrated by words and actions.
• Project a positive attitude and maintain mutual respect with all individuals.
• Take responsibility for maintaining a professional, clean, safe and secure environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
This position has supervision over front and back office personnel.
Minimum Qualifications Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in health administration or business or Clinical Credentials (RN, LPN) along with adequate knowledge in medical practice and equipment.
• At least four (4) years of management experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
• At least two (2) years of relevant management experience in healthcare environment.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
• Must have the ability to maintain good inter-personal relationships with co-workers and team members.
• The ability to handle emergency situations calmly and effectively.
• The ability to organize and coordinate multiple tasks.
• Experience with financial reporting focused on clinical operations preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPPA and OSHA regulations and requirements applied to clinical operations preferred.
• Experience with Electronic Medical Records system(s).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with both internal and external departmental contacts.
• All employees must pass an employment TB, drug and physical exam.
• At least five (5) years of experience working in a physician medical group or other healthcare setting
• 1-2 years prior supervisory experience preferred
• Prior use of EPIC System
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Physical Demands of Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and talk or hear; and type on a keyboard. He/she may be required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.