Pediatric Specialists of Virginia (PSV) is currently seeking an RN/LPN for a 6-month temporary contract. All nursing practice is based on the legal scope of practice, national and specialty nursing standards, PSV’s Policies and Procedures, and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Professional Model of Care requires registered professional nurses to be responsible and accountable for their own practice. PSV supports the development of RN relationships within the community; specifically those relationships associated with the health and well-being of the community at large.
• Analyzes assessment data gathered from patient and family to ensure completion of database and plan of care within identified timeframes.
• Role models excellent clinical skills with complex patients. Care reflects analysis of patient status and appropriate interventions.
• Directs prioritization and organization for clinic day.
• Documentation exemplifies adherence to the highest standards of practice.
• Anticipates and proactively plans for educational needs verified with patient and family to provide a smooth transition of care from in-patient to out-patient setting.
• Excels in organizational skills, adjusts for changes and is able to complete assignments on time.
• Role models caring in all encounters with patient and family as evidenced by feedback from parents and an increase in patient satisfaction scores.
• Executes plan of care for all assigned patients as directed by the provider (lab work, radiology studies).
• Safely and properly administers medications and treatments as directed by the physician including IM injections
• Provides clinical care and education for the patient with g-tubes
• Proficient in phone triage.
Minimum Qualifications Required
• Graduated from an approved school of nursing
• At least one (1) year pediatric nursing experience required
• Valid licensure in the state of Virginia as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse
• Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
• All employees must pass an employment TB, drug and physical exam
• BSN (preferred)