This person will be responsible for scheduling efficiently and accurately following established guidelines. He/she will create accurate and complete accounts in host system by obtaining and verifying all registration information while meeting or exceeding established productivity, quality assurance and Call Center performance standards. He or she will utilize standards, guidelines, and written procedures for performing scheduling functions. Will be responsible for communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others.
• Schedules efficiently and accurately following established guidelines.
• Follows all documentation guidelines and requirements.
• Reviews and updates as appropriate all insurance eligibility and address verifications received electronically using the appropriate applications established by the department.
• Reviews and corrects any realtime or batch quality assurance errors using the appropriate application or policies established by the department.
• Meets or exceeds established productivity, quality assurance and Call Center performance standards.
• Maintains consistent high quality.
• Meet or exceed Individual Agent Performance Statistics: Logged In Time, Avg Skill set Talk Time, % of Calls Presented is answered, and Calls Returned to queue not to exceed based on the specific department goals.
• Adheres to all established scripts for greeting, closure, financial screening, etc. to ensure consistency and the highest level of professionalism.
• Quality/Best Practice - Utilizes standards, guidelines, and written procedures for performing scheduling functions.
• Supports department performance improvement initiatives.
• Assists with data collection in support of quality performance improvement initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications Required
• Two (2) or more years’ experience in a healthcare scheduler / registrar role.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Organization skills, excellent customer service and communication skills with patients and staff, ability to speak English fluently, to articulate and be clearly understood.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Pediatric Specialists of Virginia is a joint venture between Inova and Children's National Health System. Dedicated exclusively to caring for children, our partnership ensures families in the region have access to the nation’s most highly regarded doctors and experts devoted to pediatric care.
The practice offers clinical expertise in a wide range of simple, complex, and rare conditions complemented by family centered care that recognizes the needs of the entire family.
Our services cover every stage of care – evaluation, assessment, procedures, and follow-up appointments. The team includes pediatric specialists in:
• Allergy and Immunology
• Ambulatory Surgery and Anesthesiology
• Developmental Disabilities
• Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition
• Hematology and Oncology
• Infectious Disease
• Nephrology and Hypertension
• Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
• Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine