Request processed Successfully
An error occurred while processing your Request
Hem/Onc Nurse Supervisor
Hematology and Oncology
In accordance with the mission of Pediatric Specialists of Virginia, the Nurse Supervisor plans, organizes, staffs and directs patient care on a daily operational basis. The Nurse Supervisor functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization.
Organize and monitor all clinical activities of assigned physician outpatient practice. Responsibilities include maintaining effective and efficient clinic operations and collaboration with the Clinic Manager, Practice Manager and Director of Operations to establish common job specific competencies and standards of operations. Assist the Clinic Manager with the daily operations of the clinic, as needed.
· Manage workflow throughout the clinical areas
· Ensure that nursing is based on evidence of best practice
· Function as a resource in the charge nurse role for all aspects of patient care delivery
· Continuously evaluate patient care delivered to all patients and families
· Maintain knowledge and responsibility for all patients on the unit
· Assume direct patient care responsibility as needed to meet identified patient care needs
· Collaborate with staff, patients/families, and members of the health care team to facilitate patient outcomes
· Manage conflict effective by giving feedback in a constructive, positive and objective manner
· Assist staff in conflict resolution
· Organize unit operations for the delivery of patient care and identified outcomes
· Prioritize and direct unit to ensure quality care
· Maintain and encourage unit cohesiveness by maintaining a productive work atmosphere
· Complete performance evaluations for assigned staff in a timely manner
· Work collaboratively with Clinic Manager and Practice Manager to ensure adequate staffing and maximization of resources
· Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
Minimum Qualifications Required
· Minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated experience in a charge nurse or leadership role
· Three (3) years of pediatric hematology/oncology experience required
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
· Current Registered Nurse license or ability to obtain licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia
· AHA BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required
· APHON Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider certification required within 6 months of hire
· CPON/CPHON certification desired
· Knowledge of pediatric ambulatory/primary care standards with related clinical skill competency
· Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug test
Physical Demands of Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and talk or hear; and type on a keyboard. He/she may be required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.