Request processed Successfully
An error occurred while processing your Request
Allergy and Immunology
This individual will be responsible for the clinical management of infants, children, and adolescents with allergies, asthma, and immunological diseases, such as asthma, allergic/non-allergic rhinitis, chronic sinusitis, hives, eczema, angioedema, drug and food allergies, chronic respiratory infections, latex allergies, stinging insect allergies, recurrent infections, primary immune deficiencies, and comprehensive evaluation and management for children with immune deficiencies. This individual will also offer a full spectrum of outpatient services such as allergy shots, asthma education and management plans, consultations, drug allergy testing, food challenges, food allergy management plans, oral food challenges, pulmonary function testing, and skin testing.
· Diagnose or treat allergic or immunologic conditions.
· Order or perform medical diagnostic or clinical tests.
· Write routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays, and consultations.
· Perform and record history and physical examinations
· Evaluate treatment options and develop individualized treatment plans.
· Mentorship and training of Pediatric residents
Minimum Qualifications Required
· Must hold or be eligible to apply for an unrestricted medical license in the Commonwealth of Virginia and District of Columbia
· BC in Pediatrics
· BC/BE in Allergy & Immunology
Physical Demands of Position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and talk or hear; and type on a keyboard. He/she may be required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near vision, and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.