PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Risk Management RN Specialist under the guidance of the Clinical Director of Risk Management assists with all activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to the company’s Risk Management Program including policies and procedures covering safety, infection control & risk management in compliance with Federal, State and Company practices. Ensures risk reduction through Risk Assessment and surveillance, with focus on prevention, control of infection and educational activities throughout Pediatric Associates’ clinical facilities in accordance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other Federal and State regulations.
REPORTS TO: Reports directly to the Clinical Director of Risk Management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB: (This list may not include all of the duties that may be assigned.)
- Assists with the implementation and oversight of the Risk Management Program with emphasis on infection control and safety training programs for compliance with OSHA and other federal, state/local requirements accreditation and other industry standards.
- Support activities for infection prevention initiatives including training and education. IC certification a plus.
- Effective planning and use of company’s resources to successfully implement the Risk Management Program.
- Conducts on site Risk Management office practice assessments and makes recommendations for patient/employee safety and process improvement.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and guidelines through the organization to prevent and mitigate risks.
- Provides accurate and timely feedback and research findings on current standards, state and federal regulations.
- Responds to calls from practice managers to problem-solve sensitive patient care concerns, issues.
- Develops training and provides employees education on the Risk Management Program and departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepares a variety of statistical and administrative reports.
- Assists in coordination of the Risk / Safety / Infection Control Sub-Committee.
- Assists in analysis reporting of incidents for the Risk / Safety / Infection Control Sub-Committee meeting.
- Supports operational processes and frequently interacts with other key management staff.
- Serves a co-program administrator for the Risk Management incident reporting system.
- Coordinates projects with other key functional teams to ensure that all areas are aligned and prepared to meet all regulatory obligations that govern our work.
- Collects data to investigate the frequency or causes of claims or accidents to patients or employees.
- Analyzes and trends incidents in order to prevent future injuries and to mitigate risks.
- Performs Root Cause Analysis process.
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating, and taking action on all incidents concerning physician/APP performance and risk/safety concerns.
- Travels and performs other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Working in a professional office environment. Temporarily a remote positions as we take precautions against Covid-19. The position may involve high & frequent call and email volume. Environment requires ability to multi-task, communicate written/verbally in a clear & concise manner. Position requires occassional travel to our Pediatric Medical Practices.
Adhere to all organizational information security policies and protect all sensitive information including but not limited to ePHI and PHI in accordance with organizational policy, Federal, State, and local regulations.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in nursing required.
Licensure/Certification: Current Florida Nursing license. CPHRM Certification preferred. Current Certification in Infection Control (CIC) from an accredited organization is preferred. CRCMP certification is preferred.
*Upon hiring and for the duration of the employment period driver’s license must be active and valid.
Experience: One to three years working as a healthcare risk management professional is preferred. Minimum of two years of clinical experience / patient care is required. Minimum of three years progressive experience in infection prevention and control and healthcare epidemiology is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Strong critical thinking skills & detail oriented. Administrative assistant skills including, but not limited to, minute taking, efficient scheduling of meetings, appointments, conferences. Effective communication skills which are utilized for responding to employees and patients’ incidents. Strong computer skills (Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel).