SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a FT Day Nursing Secretary.
For the third consecutive year, we have been certified as a Great Place to Work! 2020-2021
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
We provide residential living, assisted living, personal care, memory support and nursing and rehabilitation services in six senior living communities; home care, in-home support, palliative care and hospice services; an innovative program for clinically frail adults aged 55 and older in need of nursing home level-of-care; counseling services; financial education and coaching; domestic abuse solutions; services for the deaf and hard of hearing; volunteer income tax assistance; and an array of volunteer programs.
SpiriTrust Lutheran®started in York, PA in 1951 with $9,000. Today, SpiriTrust Lutheran®is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the region. SpiriTrust Lutheran®and its program agencies and subsidiaries serve annually more than 21,000 people in 20 counties in Pennsylvania and three in northern Maryland.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the assigned function and supervisor; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business curriculum; medical terminology training.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; proficient keyboarding skills; proficient PC skills; knowledge of various office machines; general knowledge of assigned department’s operations. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: A minimum of one (1) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
Education/Training:A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in a business curriculum; medical terminology training.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; proficientreading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communication skills; proficient keyboarding skills’ proficient PC skills; knowledge of various office machines; general knowledge of assigned department’s operations.
Experience:A minimum of one (1) year’s experience in related positions normally required.
Responsible forperforming a variety of duties to support the assigned function and supervisor; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- Performs a variety of duties to support the assigned function and supervisor as follows:
- Opens and sorts all written correspondence; screens telephone calls and delivers appropriate messages.
- Types, faxes, and uses the photo copier as directed by supervisor.
- Develops and maintains nursing schedules; replaces staff call-ins and updates schedules as indicated.
- Maintains data in designated Agency time and attendance system; makes corrections and submits to Director of Nursing for review and approval.
- Codes and verifies appropriateness of all bills related to the Nursing Department.
- Maintains, tracks, and keeps current all professional licenses and nursing assistant certificates.
- Maintains team member signature identification sheets.
- Prepares monthly in-service sign-in sheets; sets up in-service speakers, room location, and video recording as directed.
- Assures that work areas are kept clean, free of clutter, and adequately stocked.
- Reports all incidents/accidents to self, residents, or others as appropriate.
- Reports all unsafe equipment immediately to supervisor.
- Prevents, identifies, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with Agency standards.
- Treats all residents fairly with kindness, dignity, and respect while creating and maintaining an atmosphere of warmth.
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following:
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end or each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system.
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries or requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established standard.
- Completes educational requirements as mandated by state and federal agencies to maintain competencies.