SpiriTrust Lutheran is now hiring a FT Cook.
For the third consecutive year, we have been certified as a Great Place to Work! 2020-2021
SpiriTrust Lutheran®delivers an array of programs and services that touch thousands of lives each day. Our name, SpiriTrust Lutheran®captures the essence of who we are and the care and compassion our amazing team delivers. It embraces our Lutheran heritage, our spirit of service, and the reality that people come to us because of their trust in us.
At SpiriTrust Lutheran®, our employees are a highly valued resource. Their dedication, skill and commitment enable us to provide excellent service and care within our continuing care retirement communities, community outreach programs and home care services. We offer: Competitive salaries Comprehensive benefits package Education assistance Career advancement/professional growth Friendly, team-oriented environment If you are ready to join us for a rewarding career.
Responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served; complying with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards; achieving goals as established in the department’s annual operating plan; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information.
Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent normally required.
Skill(s): Speak and understand English; moderate reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; ability to follow recipes and measure food items; knowledge of nutrition and food services. Refer to separate analysis for physical requirements of the essential functions with or without accommodation.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in related positions normally required.
Supports the mission and values of SpiriTrust Lutheran which is: SpiriTrust Lutheran, witnessing to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, provides exceptional health, human, and senior living services by supporting persons in achieving an optimal quality of life.
- Interacts with, residents, clients, staff, and the general public in ways that demonstrate the agency’s commitment to courtesy, service, and hospitality befitting a church related organization.
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of food to be served as illustrated by the following:
- Prepares and handles food in accordance with sanitary regulations established by the Pennsylvania Health Department.
- Estimates quantities of food and time needed for preparation in order to meet the menu requirements.
- Prepares all food items on the menu in accordance with individual therapeutic diet requirement.
- Prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner following prep sheet, established recipes, and direction from Dining Services Supervisor.
- Serves meals from steam table line.
- Assists in serving guests in dining room as needed.
- Assists in set-up and serving special functions as needed.
- Assists with pot washing as needed.
- Attends and participates in weekly production meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in leading and training other cooks and kitchen staff.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards as follows:
- Prepares and/or serves food and beverages in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as established procedures.
- Reports hazardous conditions/equipment to the Dining Services Supervisor; fills out work order and forwards to maintenance in Supervisor’s absence.
- Reports all accidents/incidents of injury to the Dining Services Supervisor
- Works safely throughout the day and is conscientious about safety.
- Keeps work area neat and clean; completes other cleaning duties as assigned
- Accurately records time worked or not worked as illustrated by the following
- Accurately records time in and out at the start and end of each shift and at the start and end of each meal break utilizing the Agency’s timekeeping system
- Makes corrections to the timekeeping system, as necessary, on appropriate forms within the required payroll timeframe.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other staff within the department as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information
- Abides by the current laws and organizational standards and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Identifies, prevents, and reports actual or suspected abuse, neglect, exploitation, and improper use of chemical and physical restraints, in accordance with standards.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all Agency standards, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e., HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Abides by and supports the organization’s code of conduct by exhibiting behavior that is set forth in the code of conduct. Performs duties in accordance with the code of conduct and completes annual compliance training.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other personnel, etc., within given timeframes and within established policy.